Aug 21, 2012

The blog in which you see Charlie at his best- #Forever in underwear.

Charlie was diagnosed with autism when he was just two years old.  While he struggles academically, communicating, with fine motor skills, and relating appropriately at times to those around him, he DOES have an amazing set of gross motor skills, and I use those to help study and focus.  Charlie does love to dance and be the center of "positive" attention, and performing or entertaining seems to be natural for him.  (Whether he knows how his spontaneous dance makes me laugh is irrelevant, but it makes for joyful snippets in my day.)

Whatever challenges you or your children have, you have to dedicate yourself to learn how to work with it.  You have to get to a point where YOU dictate your life- not where a challenge dictates your life.  

I have just attached a few videos that highlight some of the more interesting moments in my days.  I am grateful for the job I have.  These are what I consider part of my "benefits" package.  

video property of Erin Ahrens 2012 ©
This is not hyperactivity.  We call this "studying."
                                      
video property of Erin Ahrens 2012 ©
When he decides to talk, I know it's going to be good.

video property of Erin Ahrens ©
This is a hot mess start to finish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment