Nov 28, 2012

The blog in which I act ridiculous every school morning.

I am not a procrastinator.  I clean daily, just in case.  I prepare food for the freezer, just in case.  I do laundry daily, just in case.  I write out a weekly menu plan, just to have my ingredients and a plan for the weekly rush that is life.  After talking to a girlfriend yesterday, I realized, I am wired so very differently.  I do things, because I don't like the feeling of being rushed, forgotten, or that I might miss out on something.

A couple of years ago, I had a really bad ankle injury from a tennis practice.  (I am ridiculously competitive, was playing a solo against a doubles on the other side of the net, and man, I was doing fantastically until......)  Well, end of story, I was unable to drive for a whole month!  I was unable to take care of my family.  I was booted, crutched, and unable to run my house.  Luckily, I have an amazing uncle, and he graciously offered to fly down here and play "Mr. Mom" while I recovered.  I had two little ones back then, and it was everything from getting them dressed for school, to taking them to preschool, to lunches, cleaning, and everything in between.  I am forever appreciative for all he did for us, but the experience really kicked me into overdrive for a great cause to NOT procrastinate.  I do what needs to be done, because you never know when something might turn your world upside down.  If something does flip our world upside down, then at least the little things are taken care of.

Morning dishes.  
This morning, I didn't get to the morning dishes before the kids got on the bus.  As I was walking out to the bus, I hesitated.  I could try to get the few things washed before walking out with them to get their shoes on.  But if I did that, I wouldn't get to give my morning litany of things that they have to do.  (Have a kind heart with those around them, do something kind for someone, remember your manners, hugs, kisses, and the last minute things the kids want to tell me before they start their day.)  I guess today's dishes were just a moment stealer for what's really important- time with the migits.  When they are older, they won't appreciate, or even allow me to wave like a crazy woman in pajama's as they find their seats on the bus.  Everything from waving to blown kisses and sign language "I love you's" and peace signs are thrown.  And you know what?  Even the bus driver and other kids wave back.  I guess it's okay that the dishes didn't get done. The important part of the morning happened.  I gave time to my family.  That is not such a little thing in the grand scheme of life.

PS  The physical activity of waving and near gang sign throwage does not tone arms, therefore, I now have to go wash those dishes, and head to the "Y."

*No, blogging is not a procrastination tactic to heading to the YMCA.  However, my newest obsession that is beckoning me to the sewing machine IS a procrastinator.  You will see that tutorial this weekend.  We are gifting them this season.  It includes a twenty pound bag of rice, a bag of lavender infused Epsom salt, and leftover fabric.  Hmmmm....

They are probably just getting to school now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment