Jan 27, 2013

The blog in which I forgot this simple recipe for P.B. Cookies.

And before I forget... Oops.  I forgot.  I was supposed to add this to the last blog post.  Better late than never.  The winter puts me in a baking mood.  And making baked goods from scratch makes me feel a little better since I know exactly what ingredients make up the item, and never do I use dyes or high fructose corn syrup.  Shay and Charlie really enjoy baking with me, and it allows the kids to really use practical applications for math.  WIN ALL THE WAY!  (Plus, I get to have really interesting conversations with Shay while we bake together, and that chick just cracks me up.  Think Betty White sharp with a hint of Lucille Ball goofy.  She is all that and a bag of chips.)



Made that many, that size.  About 16.  I had the first sheet and then four more to bake. They are a big enough size that one will be dessert for each of us.  I did not use Stevia today because I didn't have enough, but if you try it, can you let me know how it works?  
So, today, I wanted to have some peanut butter cookies for dessert this week, and decided on the three ingredient recipe we have done before. I added a fourth ingredient, and it is amazing!  One of everything.  One cup peanut butter.  One cup sugar.  One egg.  (I microwave the peanut butter so that it  is totally softened.  It poured out of the measuring cup for us.)  I had taken a small bowl and scrambled the egg, and then let Shay do the rest.  She added the sugar, mixed that, and then the peanut butter.  I gave it a final swirl with the fork, found and added a handful of white chocolate chips, then I balled the dough, and then let her smash it down with a fork.  She wanted to get creative, so I gave her a toothpick and let her draw on the tops of a few of the dough smashed cookies prior to cooking them.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 6-12 minutes.  I can't give you a real number here, since my oven doesn't work, and I have to bake things longer, different temps, etc.  Don't move off the cookie sheet onto the cooling rack for a few minutes since it is super crumbly if it is not set enough.  You will know when.  I greased the sheet.  Not sure if that is necessary though.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment