Jul 20, 2014

Adventures talks dirty.

I won't lie.  I do use foul language.  Anyone who knows me well enough, knows that I don't use it all the time, but mostly, it is the fastest flying words that might pop out when I get hurt.  (I don't curse at people.)  So, this morning, I was doing my 7 1/2 year olds hair.  She asked me, "Is "screwed up" a bad word?"  I told her that in our home, it is, however, I know that I have used it in front of her.  I told her that I switched my verbiage in recent years to try to say the word "wonky," instead of that term.  She said she didn't know, and I told her that she should always ask if she is not sure.

I took the conversation a step further.  I asked her to tell me all the bad words she knows.  I told her that she would not get in trouble, but I wanted to know what she really knew.  I was blown away.  First, she reluctantly told me the ones I knew she would, like "fat, stupid, dumb."  I pressed her further for words that were "REALLY" bad.  She thought and thought, and could only come up with one.  I wish I was kidding.

Wait for it…..

Frickin'

She then added, "I have heard you say that a lot, but I know how bad it is and I would NEVER say it again.

To which I THOUGHT TO MYSELF,  "Well, fuck me!  I'm not as shitty a parent as I thought I was!"

No comments:

Post a Comment